The Second International Conference on Global Food Security will take place in Ithaca, New York on the 11-14th of October 2015. Co-hosted by Columbia and Cornell Universities, the conference will continue the multi-disciplinary dialogue about one of the biggest challenges of the 21st century. Cornell is excited to welcome researchers, analysts, policy makers, practitioners, business professionals, donors, and other food security enthusiasts, and to share the autumnal beauty of the Finger Lakes region.
We are helping Chris Barrett, a conference co-chair, with the organization and coordination of the event. More details about other exciting ways to participate are forthcoming, but for now we invite you to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation under any of these 11 thematic areas:
- Global and local analyses of food security and its drivers
- Policies to improve local and global food security
- Sustainable intensification of food production systems
- Urbanization, food value chains, and the sustainable, secure sourcing of food
- Competing demands and tradeoffs for land and water resources
- Technological breakthroughs to help feed 9+ billion
- Reducing food loss and waste
- Reducing risks to food production and distribution from climate change
- Consumer behavior, nutritional security and food assistance programs
- Business-science cooperation to advance food security
- The agriculture-nutrition-health nexus
The deadline for abstract submission is the 8th of May 2015. Additional information about the conference, scientific committee, keynote speakers, sponsors, and more can be found here.